Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Time out For Women

This year I got the privilege of going to Time out for Women. This weekend retreat is put together by Deseret Book each year around this area. It was held at the Farm Complex in Harrisburg, PA. I have wanted to go for a few years now and got a push this year by a friend. Me and three friends set out on a friday afternoon a few weeks ago, for 30 hours of just us time.

My friend Kathy got us booked in a nice hotel that we each were able to have our own nice comfy bed. That night we got to eat dinner without having to cut other people's food or eat cold food. It was a little weird being able to eat hot food, but it was great. None of us brought a GPS, so we got a little lost on the way there. Luckily we found a nice older gentlemen working in his yard that could help us out.

We finally got there a little late, but there none the less. That night we were able to hear two wonderful speakers that made us laugh the whole time. A friends brother Jason Wright spoke that night and it was fun hearing him speak on how he got to where he is now. Jenny Oaks Baker was the musical guest that night. This was the second time I have been able to hear her in person and it was so much fun. I am amazed at how well she can play. And her cute four little kids got up and played piano, violin, and guitar. Her little boy was so adorable and the faces that he would make. Then Jenny and her oldest daughter played a song together. Her daughter was a great piano player, she did not seem nervous at all. Of course being ladies we had to stay up really late talking about this and that.

The next morning we were able to get there and get pretty good seats. The speakers and musical guests were awesome. The musical guest( Mercy River) I had heard of, but never heard their music. I loved that between songs they would talk and give stories about their little kids and showed pics. I was amazed at how one speaker could have us laughing so hard and then the next one you could feel the spirit so strongly. Even though some we were laughing so hard you were still able to get a message from what they were saying. We only got shushed by the people in front of us once, so I guess that is good. I guess we were laughing too hard at some of the speakers:) All in all it was an excellent weekend. I most definetly want to do it again.

1 comment:

Chaoyi said...

Yeah for girls only trip! I am glad you are a Time Out Addict!