When I was driving to the church for his big day, I got tears in my eyes thinking of this big step in our sons life. He was really nervous and did not want anyone to come look at the actual baptism. Nate the night before practiced with Chandler the process they would go through. When he interviewed with the Bishop he went in all by himself and supposedly did a great job.
This kid has a very strong testimony of the gospel. He really strives to do what he knows is the right thing to do. I have said it before, and I will probably say it a lot more...he is the best one to be the oldest in our family. The example that he sets for his younger siblings, we could not have asked for a better son.
We had a great program for his evening. Bishop Joe Richardson conducted. We had Anne playing the piano and my mom leading the music. Julie did a wonderful talk on baptism. Bob did a great talk on the gift of the holy ghost. Nate did a fantastic job with the baptism and the confirmation. We had a very uplifting show play while they were changing it was, "the stonecutter". We had quite a few people come and show support for him. We could not have asked for a better baptism for him.
Daddy and Chan before his baptism
The very proud mommy and her boy
The yummy snack table. His favorite color is orange, so you can see the plentiful color orange around.
All the MD/VA cousins. Back: Spencer, Emmett, Mia, Camilla holding Nielson, Gabbie, and Chan.
Front: Garrett, Lexie, Wesley, and Leia. It was so much fun having cousins that live so close come for this special day.
My parents with Chandler outside of our house after the baptism. *I wish we would have had Chan pose with his other grandparents too.
We learned a lot of things that we would do the same and some do different. I think for the first baptism it turned out really well. We love and our very proud of our Chan Man in his decision to get baptized.
No comments:
Post a Comment