Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mother's Day

I think that I can finally say that I am caught up on the blog, YAY!!!  Then of course I will fall behind again and take forever to catch up:)  A few weeks ago was Mother's Day!!!  It is a great day to have set aside for mom's and to celebrate all that they have done for us.

I grew up with a wonderful mom, that taught me many valuable things.  Some I have chosen to not really take heed to, like sewing.  I feel that is better left up to people that can actually sew a straight line.  This is a task that sadly even with a sewing machine I lack poorly in.  Other things that she has taught me like canning and food dehydration have been put to use, just a small amount.  I hope that when I can have a huge garden and plenty of fruit's and veggies I can really put it to the test.  I think one of the most important things was to love and rely on the Lord to lift you up when you fall.  It is hard to be away from family during these holidays, but I have an amazing little family right here.

Spencer picked out the breakfast that I got to have in bed that morning.  It was chocolate chip waffles, cause he knows how much his mommy loves chocolate.  We hurried and got ready for church.  One thing that would make it just great is not having to rush to get out the door.  But once we are at church, you feel the spirit creep in.  The program was marvelous, even more so since I did not have to speak this year in sacrament:)

They gave all the women in the ward some Dove chocolate.  Immediately the kids think that they lay claim to having some.  I actually was able to have a nap that afternoon...it was magnificent.  Nate made these yummy ribs for dinner.  They really know how to make me feel special by giving me chocolate and ribs, fabulous!!!

Being a mother is the most magnificent thing.  It is hard when that dream of being a mom is so hard to realize at first.  The first two little ones were harder to come by, than we first had anticipated.  But when I became a mom for the first time with Chan, all those tough times melted away.  I think that these little guys are meant to come down at certain times of your life. 

I think now more than ever motherhood is being attacked and how you choose to do certain things.  Personally I think what happens in the home and how you raise your child is up to you.  It should not matter if you choose to deliver in a hospital, home, or a birthing center.  Or if you choose to breastfeed, formula, or pump.  I think as long as you are doing what's best for you and your child..then do it.  I had a really hard time with this after having Chandler.  Thinking that I had to do what everyone else thought was best for my child.  When the way I chose seemed to work for me and the baby..and guess what it turned out better than I had expected.  Mother's should feel proud to say they are MOTHER'S.  I hope everyone had a great day..you deserved it.

No comments: