Sunday, May 27, 2012

Busch Gardens

The end of last month we went to Busch Gardens with my parents, while they were out here visiting.  We love Busch Gardens as a family.  We have a family tradition of going in May each year.  To celebrate the end of tax season and the boys birthdays.

They have a deal this year where you can buy one day for the same price as the summer season pass.  So we opted to do this and we can go down sometime in the summer.  We love only being a few hours away from a very fun amusement park.

We love the family friendliness of the park and it has rides for every age.  It was great having two extra adults with us this time.  Nate and I actually went on rides together, believe it or not.  I am more of the daredevil and was more willing to go on all the loopy loo rides.

I got Nate to ride my favorite ride the Alpengeist with me and he ended up feeling a little sick afterwards.  The line was great so I ended up going back a second time.  The kids loved the train that goes around the park.  Of course the favorite is Land of the Dragons playhouse and rope bridges.  The kids could stay in that area for areas. And the forest of fun, with the Seseme Street characters.  Wes loved grover's roller coaster.  He kept running back into line, even when it had started pouring.

Nate and Chandler this year got to go on the very wet tire ride.  Chandler convinced Nate into going with him this time.  They went in the middle of the day, instead of last year when I went in the evening.  This time they did not get as soaked.  My dad put in a quarter to squirt them and he ended up getting Nate pretty good with it. 

I accidentally got on the very front row of the Griffin.  I am the third one in from the right hand side in a purple shirt.  I thought that I was getting in the line for single riders and then too late realized it was the front row.  The view going up to the first big drop was really nice.  I had my eyes closed going down, so not sure how the view going down was.  It is a little freaky you get up there and sit overlooking the park for a few seconds and then you make the drop.

This year must have been my brave year, because I tried a newer ride to the park.  It is the mach tower.  Where you are strapped in with your legs dangling and they lift you up really, really high in the air and then drop you straight down for a little while.  Then it is a sudden stop and you go slow the rest of the way down.  I was really surprised that I actually went through with it.  Heights and me are not the best of friends.  Like before the view up was great, you could see for miles away.  The straight fall down for most of it, the eyes were closed.  Maybe next time they will be open for at least part of the fall.

We were able to see Pet Shenanigan's again.  Always a fun show to watch with the kids and small animals.  The weather actually cooperated for the most part during our visit. Friday was our long day where we were there basically from opening to closing time.  The kids and adults were worn out by the end of the day.

Saturday we were only planning on staying half a day and then going back to the condo to swim in their indoor pool.  About the time that were ready to leave, it started to downpour.  By the time we got to our car we were pretty soaked.  But the kids did not care one bit.  As always the kids had a lot of fun swimming.  I think Wesley wore everyone out between the two days of chasing after him at Busch Gardens.





















 

                                       *right here

No comments: