Every other year our kids have a birthday party that they can invite their friends to. Chandler decided that he wanted a Star Wars birthday party again. For his 6th birthday he also decided to have the exact same party theme. I really wish that I had kept the stuff from that party.
So I basically had to buy the exact same stuff as two years ago, oh well. I learned from it and decided to keep the stuff from this year.
I told him that he could invite 10 people to his party. Usually you get a few that don't show up, so it would still be a good turnout.
He had a really hard time getting the list down this small, he basically wanted to invite his whole first grade class. I love how social he has became this year and more confident.
So the day of the anticipated party finally is here and he can barely contain his enthusiasm. Here is how the event unfolded. The star war padwans came about 4. They had to read what their Jedi training consisted of before they were to become a full Jedi Knight.
The first test was light saber training. Which I had bought inflatable light sabers and they were to keep balloons from falling on the ground. Balloons are always such a big hit with kids.
The next task was to restore order to the galaxy. This game I bought at the party store. It was really similar to pin the tail on the donkey, but pin the icon onto the ships (good vs. evil). Of course the girls were the good side and they WON, yay girls. Then they were suppose to kill the death star. I had decorated a little box to look like the death star. They were suppose to throw three balls into the box in order to kill it. The last task was to find and get Darth Vadar. I had hidden the darth vadar pinata and they were to find it and pull the correct string to let the candy down.
We then had galactic pizza, Anakin apples, Darth Vadar Doritos, and Jabba juice. We ended the eating with a cake that was decorated with the scene where Luke lands on the planet with Yoda. Chandler came up with the design all on his own and I tried my best to execute it. I think all the kids were having a great time, it certainly was loud in our house. He got a lot of fun new toys and I think that fun was had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment