Well our little guy turned two a few weeks ago. It seems like it was only yesterday that I was going to the hospital to have him. Don't you just love it when people say things like that:) The two years has gone by too quickly for me. Maybe it is because he is our last and I feel like life is just passing us by.
This little guy has definitely been a light in our home. Two years ago was the hardest year that Nate and I had experienced since being married. We had just moved back to MD into a two bedroom apartment with our 3 little ones. A few of us had a REALLY REALLY hard time adjusting to life back here. Three weeks after moving we found out we were pregnant, total shock. We had gotten rid of a lot of our baby stuff before moving. I felt like maybe three would be enough for us, I was proven wrong.
Then two months later my maternal grandma passed away and a short 6 months later my maternal grandpa passed. Then a few days after that a good friend passed away from cancer. Being really close to my due date I was not able to fly home for my grandpa or friends funeral. Three months after moving Nate's job fired a significant amount of people, which made us a little nervous.
Then this little guy was born and it was a needed blessing into our lives. He was the easiest baby I could have prayed for. I was the most sick with him, so this was a welcome reprieve.
Up until he turned 18 months he was the most mellow baby and kid, absolute angel. When he turned 18 months it was watch out world here I come. He is the most curious kid ever. It is funny he is almost a clone of Spence. He gets into trouble like him and gets the exact same facial expressions. But he has a distinct personality that is all his own. He will come up to you and give the best hugs and when you are sad he knows how to make people laugh.
His favorite thing is playing in ANY water. It does not matter how much or where he heads for it. He loves to play with diggers and calls all construction vehicles a digger. He will sit with his diggers and cars and play for a good 30 minutes, he loves them. I am so glad to have this little guy in our lives and remind us of the blessings that they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment