Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer

Now we are onto Summer time, a quick catch up for the past few months. I wanted the kids summer to be a fun one filled with fun adventures. I personally feel like I could have done more during the summer, it just flew by. We had come up with a weekly schedule of fun activities to do. Our schedule went as follows: Monday-pool day; Tuesday-field trip; Wednesday-park day; Thursday-grocery shopping and laundry; Friday-cleaning day. When Chandler started summer school it altered the schedule a little bit, we had to go later in the day. My plan was to also do a science experiment everyday and the kids seemed to have fun with that. We filled the down times with reading, workbooks, role playing, and using our imaginations playing all sorts of things.

Some of the field trips we did were: zoo, library, mommy and me, splash pad, museums,Brookside Gardens, Fort McHenry, and bowling. We tried out a different park each week, which was fun. The kids were really good about helping with the laundry, so that we could do things like water balloon fights. Some of the science experiments we did were: make play-doh, gak, bubbles, and homemade popcorn. We also did things like mixing colors with shaving cream to see what colors we could mix to make others, and counting rings to see how old trees were. The kids loved doing these and missed when we would skip a day.

I was surprised at how quickly the summer flew by when we kept ourselves busy. Chandler also had to get stitches on his chin from falling on a playground step. He did not like getting the stitches on our out. The other parts of summer were filled with playdates with friends and parties.

I need to mention the fourth of July in here also. We went down to Ryan and Anne's for a barbecue and some fireworks at their house. We also went to the Montgomery County Agricultural fair. Which the kids loved, they enjoyed all the animals. Their favorite part was the John Deere area, they had ride on toys the kids get on, So all in all we had a great summer with no major issues, just lots of fun. So here are a few pics from our summer.












1 comment:

Chamberlains said...

You might just be the "funnest" mom I know. What planning! I can't believe that. We just wing everyday and don't end up doing much. I need to hang with you! Your kids are getting so big!