Friday, August 7, 2009

Life

Yesterday I got the terrible news that one of our good friends had died unexpectedly this week. A year and a half ago she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and had to do chemo and radiation, after this it looked like it was all gone. I guess a few months ago she went to the oncologist for her yearly and everything looked good. Well last week she had a bloody nose that lasted for three hours, she had to get a blood transfusion. She went to the oncologist they did tests and came back telling her that she had cervical cancer and blood clots in her lungs, and it had spread so much into her body she only had a few days to few weeks to live. Well she was given this diagnosis and then the next day passed away. This tragedy left everyone who knew her dumbfounded, she seemed perfectly healthy the beginning of the week. She actually was teaching at Salt Lake Community College four days before she passed. She leaves behind two small girls, a husband, and two step children. We lived right across the street from them and had their little girls over at our house everyday, or my boys over at their house. It makes me really sad that we are still not their neighbors, so that we can help them out. I was really surprised when I told Chan and Spence that Jane and Clair's mommy had died they got really sad looks on their faces and said, "oh how sad for our friends, their mommy is not going to be their mommy anymore?" This was a great teaching moment to let them know that she was in heaven with Jesus and she was happy. I think this made them feel a little better knowing she was with Jesus.
I also found out that a great friend from the same ward and neighborhood's little boy who had open heart surgery last month was back at Primary Children's with fluid around his heart. This family has been through a lot of trials with this little guys health. It makes me think about my own trials that we have been going through and nothing compares to losing someone close to you, or watching your child in the hospital. I admire both of these families and will continue to pray and send our love to them. This post is mainly to be therapy to me and a reminder that we are so blessed to have our health and each other.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm sorry to hear about these friends trials. . It gets harder and harder to handle sad things as time goes on, I feel. So many sad situations that people have to endure sometimes I have to remind myself to enjoy having a healthy happy family instead of worrying. It's even harder when it's somone you know or were close to.