Monday, August 17, 2009

Grandpa

Last Monday I got the sad news that my grandpa had passed away. I was thinking that he was doing okay and then I got a call a few days before saying that he was not doing well. My grandma passed away six months ago, so the good news is that they are now reunited. He was a terrific grandpa and a fabulous great-grandpa. My kids loved playing with his cane and hat. Those will be cherished memories that I think Chandler will remember. I will always remember his gentle nature, he was very easy to love. He loved to camp and spend time with his family in the outdoors. The hardest part about his passing was not being able to attend the funeral a few days ago. Our little guy is due any day now and so I definitely could not fly out there. Our scanner broke, so I am bummed that I can't post any pics of him. We love and miss you grandpa.

These past few weeks have been really hard for me emotionally. Being 2,000 miles away from family and most of our friends, has really hit hard these few weeks. I know that those that have passed away are in a better place, it still makes it hard.

No comments: