Thursday, February 12, 2009

Easy Chicken Recipe

My friend Monica posted on her blog a recipe tag and I decided to do it. If anyone that reads mine would like to join in that would be fabulous. All you have to do is post a yummy and easy recipe on your blog and then all of us that have a horrible time deciding dinner choices can try it.

Chicken Cacciatore
1 Chopped Onion
1 tsp oregano
1 Cup canned tomatoes
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 Cup tomato sauce
4 pieces chicken, skin removed(thighs,or breasts)
1/8 tsp. garlic powder

1. Peel and chop the onion
2. Put chopped onion in saucepan.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper.
4. Simmer on low heat for 3 minutes.
5. Wash the chicken, remove the skin.
6. Add the chicken to the saucepan.
7. Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.

4 comments:

Rachel Anne said...

Cute family pics. Also, I have to let you know that I stole your teddy bear cake idea. Ella's birthday is today and the cake you did was so cute and seemed to fit my skill level when it comes to decorating cakes. Hope you are doing well!

Andrea said...

This recipe sounds really good--if only Chad would eat tomatoes! Maybe I'll save it to make for me and the boys when he's out of town!

Chamberlains said...

Awesome! Thanks!

Lynn said...

Yum, sounds easy enough!