I did not think that the drive to Chandler's preschool could be so full of mishaps and adventures. Some adventures more enjoyable than others. Where we are living now we have a 25 minute drive to get Chandler to school and then another 25 minute drive to come home. So we spend a lot of time in the car, luckily only a few more weeks of this. Well everyday I am hurrying Chandler and Spencer to get dressed and coats on, that takes forever just in itself. Then we have to walk to the parking garage where we have to park, and of course our apartment is the fartherst away from the garage. It seems that we are lucky to be walking in the door right at 9. I don't think I have ever driven on more narrow roads in my life, scary stuff. Well last Thursday we were almost to the school when a bus came by and was very much in my lane. Dumb me thinking I had room on the other side scooted over, well I hit a mailbox crunching my side view mirror into the side window. I guess that was better than being sideswiped by a huge school bus. We have had a few close encounters with other cars on this same strip of road, so now I get a little nervous driving around there. Then there are the days where the kids are actually not screaming at each other and it is a nice drive. Today Chandler said the sadest/cutest thing. We were at a stop sign and he yells out wrong way mom.
I tell him no we are going to preschool this is the way we go.
He precedes to say over and over; I don't want to go to that school, my teacher is mean. I want to go see my nice teacher (which he calls his speech teacher).
He goes to preschool M-Th and to Speech at the elem. on Fridays. He likes his speech teacher a lot more than his regular teacher, it is kind of sad. It broke my heart that he said he didn't want to go to school , he hasn't ever really said that. Needeless to say he calmed down after I explained that his friends are at school and it is fun to learn new things. It will be nice when we live five minutes from the school and we don't have to consume our mornings with driving back and forth.
3 comments:
Uh-oh! Sorry to hear about your mishap, or as you so positively put it, your "adventures". I'm sure you fared better with the mailbox rather than the school bus so I'm glad you all are safe. Noah occassionally pulls the "I don't want to go to preschool today" and like you, I just remind him about how much he would miss his friends and the fun activities if he didn't go. Hang in there, just a few more weeks to go until you live closer!
Sounds kind of frustrating. I guess I shouldn't complain about the 5 minute drive I have to Grant's preschool, but I will be excited when Lauren and Grant are at the same school just a few blocks away.
How is the townhome coming? Do you move in soon? It's been forever since I have talked with you and Nate. I'll have to give you a call soon to catch up with everything.
This is precisly why I don't do preschool. When Avery has to start school by law I will happily get everyone up, fed and out the door, but for now lazyness is the route we prefer.
Post a Comment