Sunday, October 26, 2008
Not Again
Okay so I think we need to put Spence in a fenced play area, when I am not right next to him. On Friday he decided that he would use the oven while I was doing laundry and helping Chan. Spence got out a cake pan, a whole carton of an 18pk of eggs and some butter. He cracked all of the eggs and put the shells in the sink. He preceded to put the eggs in the pan and then put the butter on top and put it into the oven. I made the mistake of leaving the pan on the counter and the fridge unlocked. Yes that is right we have to put a latch on the fridge so he does not dump everything out. I walked up and I had to stop from bursting out laughing, because he was so proud of what he had made. Needless to say that the floor and oven were a mess. I wish that was the end of the work of Spence. An hour later I was upstairs cleaning the kitchen and he came up with a Sharpie in his hand and he was covered in blue from head to toe. Our poor la-z-boy got Sharpie all over it. If anyone knows how to get a sharpie out of fabric please let me know. We ended the night with him climbing up onto the cabinet and getting Lexie's medicine and pouring all of it into one of her bottles (it had a childproof cap on it). Some may think wow where is Jill when this is happening. He tends to time these things when I am in the shower, doing laundry, or am trying to help Chan and Lexie. I really do watch this child, he is just a little character and uses every moment to reek havoc on the house. I do not think I have put him timeout this many times in one day. I love the kid, but there are days when I am not sure what to do with his creative mind. Oh and he has his own play kitchen and pots, he just chooses to use mine. Which is fine when he is just pretending and not really using real food or really turning things on. I do have coloring books for him to do and tons of toys, he just seems to like to play with our household items.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can totally understand. Our 4 year old is the same way and has been for 2 years.
We now have keyed locks on the pantry door because he could figure out any other lock. We have had 3 different types of locks on the fridge and he has figured them all out.
We have to keep the upstairs bathroom locked so no one can use it because he likes to play in the water and will flood the bathroom which is above our bedroom. Did you know that it can rain inside?
I would have to wait until naptime to shower. And now that he doesn't nap, I have to wait until the older kids are home from school, Mike is home from work, or lock them into the gameroom to watch tv.
Good Luck Jill!
o my gosh - what a little handful. i know you watch him; i myself am amazed how fast these little ones get into everything they know they shouldn't!
I really like your line, "where is jill when all of this is happening." children are such opportunists! They know exactly how to take advantage of the smallest gaps -- we should learn from them!!!! Good luck with the sharpie.
Post a Comment