We left early on a friday, it is about a three hour drive. We were expecting it to be a rainy weekend and it was very wet. I was good about packing the kids a lot of clothes to change into, but not Nate and I. With kids you get just about as dirty as they do.
Our first stop was to Fort Necessity. This fight at this fort was in the summer of 1754 and was the opening battle of the war fought by England and France for control of the N. American continent. It was also the opening fight known as the French and Indian War. This was also the first major event in the military career of George Washington. SO there is a little bit of history to what made this fort so significant. I was surprised at how small the fort really was. They had a great visitor center and a great playground for the kiddies. Only drawback was the rain, it has overstayed it's welcome on the east coast. SO here are a few pics from the fort and surrounding areas.
No comments:
Post a Comment