Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lexie's 3rd birthday




Lexie informed me about four months ago that she wanted a princess birthday party and who she wanted to invite. She told me that she wanted a pinata and crowns, she had it all planned out for me. I usually don't do birthday parties at this young of an age, but how can you resist that.

Her birthday happened to be on a Saturday, so I thought I would do it on her actual birthday. Nate fixed her the breakfast of her choice then we opened the presents from family. As you can tell in the pictures she got A LOT of princess stuff, that is all she wanted. Then we got ready for her friends to come over.

We had a pretty good turn out for the party. Luckily Chan and Spence stayed, so that Jacob would not be on his own with a bunch of girls. I tried to have things for both princesses and princes. We started out with having them color and decorate a crown. Then we played a Snow White game. I hid about five apples, one of which was suppose to be poison. The kids were suppose to find the poison apple before Snow White (Lexie) could. They were able to do it pretty quick.

Then we had them search for the puzzle pieces to a Sleeping beauty puzzle, and put it together. It was on to the pinata, it was a pull kind..so no bat swinging. I think all the kids got to pull about three strings before it broke. The kids had fun grabbing all the candy and prizes.

We headed upstairs to do presents, she got tons more Princess stuff. I did not get too creative this year with her cake. I bought a princess cupcake stand and then made pink cupcakes with pink frosting. While we waited for the mommies and daddies they colored a princess picture. We had a little drama when they were playing with Lex's dolls, but what is a party without some drama, right? I hope that everyone had a fun time. Parties are fun to plan, but they tend to wear me out.

3 comments:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

OH my goodness that is the cutest little princess party! (And the cutest little princess!) You have such cute ideas for games. Brooklyn was SOOO excited and could not stop talking about it! Thanks for inviting her! And happy birthday to Lexie, too! January birthdays rock!

Chaoyi said...

Hey, planning a party is half the battle, I say you did right by rewarding her with a party. Good for Lexie by knowing how to use the advantage by being the only girl!!

Our Family said...

looks like she had a blast! Ivy just wanted princess stuff too!