Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas came early at our house this year. Chandler was so excited to open presents that he woke up at 3:30 to see if it was time yet. I put him back in bed ant told him he could come back in around 6:30. Well needless to say that he came in about a half hour later asking if it was 6:30 yet. I put him back in bed once again and told him three more hours, we will come and get you when it is time to go downstairs.
I think it was around 7 when they kids came in and we got up to go downstairs. The kids were so excited to hand each other a gift when it was their turn. We left all the presents under the tree this year and went around and took turns opening up presents. Wesley had so much more fun playing with everyone else's toys than his. After awhile he did decide to play with his owns. We got some wonderful gifts this year.
After we opened all the presents the kiddos played while I cleaned up the wrapping paper and Nate took a nap. I think next year I will decide to either sleep in or take a nap and let Nate do all the present opening and clean-up (if you remember last year Nate never came downstairs to open presents, he missed it all, then this year I cleaned up while he slept). Just kidding, I could never sleep through present opening. Great memories:)
After a yummy breakfast we took all the toys downstairs and then got dinner ready. Ryan,Anne, her dad Mike, and their kiddos came for dinner. It was fun to have a house full of laughter and good food. The adults played Ticket to Ride, while the kids watched Snowball Express, it was fun. So all in all I think everyone had a good Christmas and can't wait to do it again next year. The first picture Spencer took of our table before breakfast:)






No comments: