Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010







We had a great Christmas season this year. The beginning of the week was filled with sickness, but luckily it passed for the most part before Christmas eve came. Nate had the day off, so it was filled with cleaning, wrapping presents and of course making a yummy dinner. We had a delicious ham dinner with all the trimmings. Then after we watched Mr. Kruegers Christmas, had hot chocolate, had cookies, read the Christmas story out of the scriptures, opened one present,read Twas the night before Christmas, and then put out cookies and milk for Santa.

For the last four or so years we have had this tradition of staying home just our family and doing the above, the meal sometimes changes..the rest stays the same. The only thing I would do different is the cookies, we usually do cut out cookies.

Since the flu had hit out house, we settled for m&m cookies that were easier. They did not turn out very well at all, I used shortening instead of margarine and I did not think they were very good. So I apologize to those that got these cookies, I would not feel bad if you did not like them. It was really fun leading up to Christmas we had about 7 different countdowns going on. We had 4 advent calendars, which Wesley did not really participate..so we did not need that many. We had a sucker tree, lifesaver tree, candy cane calendar, and a chocolate one. Each year it gets more fun, because the kids get older and really get into the spirit of Christmas. I was really impressed with the fact that three of our kids knew the real reason we celebrated Christmas. It helped that we talked about it a lot at the dinner table. So after all these fun festivities the kiddos went to bed, so that Santa could get to work.

No comments: