Friday, February 26, 2010
Lost tooth
Chandler lost his very first tooth yesterday. A few days ago I was reading to him and noticed that one of his teeth looked a little off, so I felt around. Sure enough it was a little bit loose. We were just heading out the door yesterday morning and he came running down holding it in his hands. He knew exactly what to do with it. He put it in a baggy and we put it up on the fridge..out of the reach of two little trouble makers. Well somehow they got up on the counter and got the tooth down and threw it on the ground. Not realizing it was on the ground I vacuumed it up. Chandler came home from school wanting to see it and low and behold it was not anywhere to be found. Realizing that I vacuumed earlier we started to go through the vacuum bag. Luckily I had just changed the bag, so there was not too much stuff in there. By some miracle I was able to find it and we put it under his pillow. He was so excited for the tooth fairy, that he did not go to sleep until almost 11. So the tooth fairy had to of course wait until he was in bed and actually asleep. He must have been thinking about it when he was sleeping, because he woke up at 6 this morning and let out a big; "whoppee the tooth fairy came" and usually I have to pry him out of bed at 7:30 to eat and get ready to go. So we made it through the first lost tooth with not too many tears, now how many more to go?


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He looks so cute, I love it! You are such a good mom for going through the vacuum bag to find his tooth! The last time Ethan lost a tooth (he's on his 6th tooth now I think) he had it in a baggy and insisted on carrying it around all day. Of course little hands got a hold of it and the tooth was long gone. We never did find it, but then again I never checked in the vacuum bag! ;)
Post a Comment