Chandler had Spring Break last week and we decided that we would take advantage of some good weather. It started out to be a good idea and ended in not such a great idea. We left our house at 11 and got parked at 1:30, should have been a 45 minute drive. The closer we got to the zoo I realized that everyone had the exact same idea that was also on Spring break. They were not letting anyone park in the actual zoo parking, so the quest began to find a spot. I am not real familiar with the outlying streets, so we got lost a few times. The time I wish I had a map, and even if I had one could I really read it? We hit a few run down scary areas and just kept driving. I was not going to give up after promising the kids a visit to the zoo. Well we finally found a spot behind the zoo that was a two hour parking spot. Only problem I had to parallel park, which is a huge weakness of mine. So we get parked and have to hurry and go through a few exhibits. If anyone has ever been to the National Zoo you realize it is pretty big and lots of hills. The pictures are mainly of the kids backs. All the kids really enjoyed the sea lions and the seals. Lexie made a huge fit when I told her we had to leave the sea lions. All in all we had a pretty good time while we were at the zoo. Promise to myself that we will not go to the zoo during a school break, and if so we will get there at the crack of dawn.
Monday, April 13, 2009
National Zoo
Chandler had Spring Break last week and we decided that we would take advantage of some good weather. It started out to be a good idea and ended in not such a great idea. We left our house at 11 and got parked at 1:30, should have been a 45 minute drive. The closer we got to the zoo I realized that everyone had the exact same idea that was also on Spring break. They were not letting anyone park in the actual zoo parking, so the quest began to find a spot. I am not real familiar with the outlying streets, so we got lost a few times. The time I wish I had a map, and even if I had one could I really read it? We hit a few run down scary areas and just kept driving. I was not going to give up after promising the kids a visit to the zoo. Well we finally found a spot behind the zoo that was a two hour parking spot. Only problem I had to parallel park, which is a huge weakness of mine. So we get parked and have to hurry and go through a few exhibits. If anyone has ever been to the National Zoo you realize it is pretty big and lots of hills. The pictures are mainly of the kids backs. All the kids really enjoyed the sea lions and the seals. Lexie made a huge fit when I told her we had to leave the sea lions. All in all we had a pretty good time while we were at the zoo. Promise to myself that we will not go to the zoo during a school break, and if so we will get there at the crack of dawn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment