Monday, March 16, 2009
We truly are crazy
I definetly do not recommend to anyone moving within a three month period of each other. We have been in our new house just a little over a week and have boxes everywhere. We made the huge mistake of leaving our entertainment center and some living room furniture in Utah. Where are we going to put all the book and things that were on it. Our dresser would not fit up the stairs, so it is in the basement serving as our t.v. stand. So again all the things that were on there were do they go. During the move one of our book shelves got broken and Nate has been working 6 days a week until 8 or 9 at night. I just don't have the gumption or ability to move it to fix it. I am usually one that likes to get everythign unpacked within a few days and so I am going crazy with boxes and an unruly house. You would think that moving into a new townhome would be heaven, think again. The central air conditoner has twisted hoses, and they refuse to replace the unit. They say that it will still work just fine the way it is. We still don't have phone service and it was suppose to be done last week, Verizon is a joke. They messed up and yet I had to spend five hours on my cell phone using up minutes to try to work it out, and still nothing has been done about it. I gave up on them for internet and went with Comcast, so we have cable and internet finally. On the bright side it is great having a house that no one else has lived in before. The area is really nice and quiet, no more five a.m. trains zooming past. The neighbors seems really nice, but we are the only ones with kids on the row. I am loving the short drive to Chandler's school, the mornings are so much calmer now. The kids are loving having a backyard to play in again and more room. We are really glad to be out of the apartment and are loving being able to spread out a little. It is nice just to tell the boys to go down to the basement to play. We really enjoy having a basement that is finished 98% of the way. The bathroom is unfinished and is serving as the only storage area we have. I am hoping that once tax season ends in a month we can finally get really settled in and have Nate around more to help out. We will definetly not be moving anytime soon. Moving to MD certainly has made our lives ten time harder than if we just stayed in Utah, seriously what we were thinking doing this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad to hear you guys made it into your townhome okay! I agree with you--moving twice within a three month period is miserable. It looks like that's a family tradition this year! :) As much as it bugs you, just take unpacking and organization one step at a time. Chad was gone for two weeks to South America right after we moved in and I didn't get much unpacked while he was gone...it's too hard with three little kids! Glad to hear you're enjoying the space and that mornings are less crazy these days! Post pictures when you have a chance (since you don't really have anything else to do right?!? lol!).
Sounds crazy Jill. Hang in there. In a year from now you'll look back and wonder how you survived all this chaos. How are you feeling? I can imagine that adds to the challenge of trying to get unpacked. Take care.
You knew this was the right thing to do, and it will be. It's just rough timing - tax season, preggo, etc. It will work out. Just give it time. Then I'll bet you'll be in love with it again. Wish I could pop on a plane and help you with the unpacking, etc. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Keep us posted! Happy spring!
You're gonna love it!
Post a Comment