Kids definitely have a way of showing us adults how wonderful the little joys of life can be. The last few days we have been buying things for Chandler's Easter party at school. I have not seen him this excited about something in a while. I think he is more excited for Easter and the egg hunt, than he was for Christmas. Everyday he asks if it is time for the Easter bunny to come. He gets a little sad when I tell him it is still a few weeks away, but then he gets happy when I tell him his Easter party for school is next week. I walked downstairs the other day and Chandler and Spencer were doing a mock Easter egg hunt with the plastic eggs we have out. They were having a great time hiding them and then acting surprised everytime they found one. The kids have reminded me that we are blessed to have food on the table. They get so excited to help make a meal and of course then chow down on it.
Lately I have been caught up in what was going wrong, when I should have focused on what was going right. We may not still have blinds or living room furniture, but we do have a lot of other furniture in our house. The lack of living room furniture has given the kids a great place to play games and run around like Batman and Spiderman. I need to remember that most of us are in fairly good health and we have a roof over our heads during the dreary rainy days. I think we all go through times in our lives when we are more down than others and hopefully with Spring around the corner we can start to get out of the dumps and enjoy life. So I encourage everyone to think of the simple things in life that make us happy.
3 comments:
Very well put Jill!
It is SO easy to get caught up in the things that are going wrong. But you're right, the best way to get out of it is to look at all of the things we have been blessed with. And I love that kids enjoy the simple things in life...helps remind us to do the same.
Ethan and Noah do the same thing with easter eggs, only it's always after easter. They'll play easter egg hunt well into August (until their parents finally hide the eggs for good!) ;)
Awesome new outlook! I think we could all use that as we're dying for spring to finally come!
Post a Comment