Monday, March 22, 2010

Sorry

****IF YOU LOVE WAL-MART OR HAVE EVER WORKED OR WILL WORK THERE, I APOLOGIZE IF ANYTHING SAID OFFENDS YOU...


Today started off like a typical Monday morning, we dropped both Chan and Spence off at the bus and school. Lexie, Wesley and I proceed up to Super Wal-Mart. Everything was going fabulous, we got all of our things quickly and there weren't a ton of people there. I have decided that going as early as possible is the best when shopping at this store. We put our things up on the belt and go to pay for our items, I swipe my card (not pushing very hard). Before I continue I need to add that the card machine looked like it might fall off the counter. Well I go to put my pin number in and the screen goes blank after the first number. I tell the cashier that the screen is blank, she looks at it. She says, "you broke it", and comes around to see it. I apologize to her a few times...even though it looked like it was about to fall apart anyway. All that had happened was that it came unplugged, nothing a little plugging back in would not fix. The whole time she is muttering to herself, she finally gets it plugged in..taking her a total of two minutes to do. Well the screen was not moving fast enough for her, so she goes to track down a manager...which took longer than if she had waited for it to reboot. Meanwhile the lady behind me starts to chuckle, so I turn and apologize to her. She turned out to be a really nice lady and we had a good little chat. The manager comes and says that she has to close her lane right away and they will reboot it. All the while giving me nasty looks. Well right after the manager left the screen was up and running. I think all of maybe 6 or 7 minutes had passed. I apologize again to the lady behind me..since she is the one who has other places to be. She was the one that told me to have a good day while the cashier threw the receipt at me and gave me a bad look. Seriously there was no one else in line all the other lanes had at most one person checking out, did she have somewhere to be? I have come to believe that Wal-Mart hires people that have bad attitudes and that don't like to be around other people. This particular one I go to because of the other customers that shop there. It is in a more rural area, mostly older people shop there. I will continue to shop there...but only because of the prices and other customers. Next time I go I'll make sure to slide my card through ever so gently and not push the buttons, hahaha.

2 comments:

Summer said...

sheesh - i agree that her reaction was inappropriate, she should have been apologizing to you for having to wait since it was the plug on THEIR equipment that was causing the problem :-(

Chaoyi said...

THAT was weired. I think you just had a very bad luck that day and she sure need a few lessons on customer care. But I have to say I never do expect much from Walmart.