It is the middle of January, so of course I am posting about Christmas. I have been a little behind on the posting of holidays. Well we had a great Christmas this year. Since Christmas eve was on a Saturday, Nate had off so we spent the whole day together as a family. The day before we had made all of our goodies and got them delivered.
That night we did our normal traditions and added one new one this year. After dinner we watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas. Then had our hot cocoa with lots of marshmallows and mint whipped cream. The kids each opened up a present, that was p.j.'s. I thought this would be a fun tradition to start doing. Go to Wal-mart on black Friday and get all the kiddos new jammies when they are on for a killer price. We wimped out this year and set out some cookies that a friend gave us. I had made sugar cookies a few weeks earlier and never got a chance to make anymore. Santa loved them and the milk the kids set out.
I think that night was the hardest night we have had since having kids. Our first mistake was putting all the boys down at the same time. The next mistake was putting Chandler to bed an hour earlier that night. He ended up not going to sleep until 10 and then woke up at 1,3,4, and then 6. It is kind of funny though because they came in while Nate was showering and started watching a show that they did not want to turn off.
The kids had so much fun unwrapping gifts, it was hard to wait their turn each round. Wesley on the other hand did not seem very interested in unwrapping and his new toys. He ended up going downstairs to play with his old toys. We had to go get him a few times. I think that I messed up with his presents. Should have just stuck to trucks and diggers.
Luckily we had 1:00 church, so the kids could play for a little while with their new toys. After sacrament we headed down to Ryan and Anne's and had a great time. The kids had a hard time leaving. No major incidents, so it was a successful Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment