Monday, May 9, 2011

April Happenings









I can't believe it is May already, the past few months have gone by way tooo fast for me. Chandler started soccer at the beginning of the month. He seems to really enjoy it so far. Now tax season has finally ended, YAY!!!! It is a very joyous occasion at our house:) The day before that Nate's car broke down...just what we needed right before going in for surgery.

That day I also went in to get my gall bladder out, which went okay. I would have rather not had it done, but it needed to be done. A few months ago I was in terrible pain and could not figure out why. I ended up going to the E.R. and having every test that they could have done to me. The worst was the sonogram, I seriously wanted to reach up and smack her...she was pushing soooo hard right were it hurt to begin with. They finally figured out that my gall bladder was damaged and most likely had to come out.

So on April 15th I had it taken out. It was more inflamed than they had first thought, so that meant one of the cuts had to be bigger. They cut four incisions on my stomach. It is a good thing I am not planning on wearing a two piece swimsuit..not a pretty sight with cuts on the tummy.
I have the most amazing friends around. From driving me to the hospital, bringing food, to watching my kids for me. They helped ease the burden of having it done. They told me that I could not lift anything very heavy for a week, meaning Wesley. It happened to be right before spring break, so I had the boys to help me with Wesley. I feel bad that the boys Spring Break was such a bummer. We are making it up to them by going to Busch Gardens this week:)

Chandler had his 7th birthday, which happened to also be Easter. That was a fun coincidence for him. He told everyone wherever we went that his birthday was on Easter. He wanted a Spider man cake, but with everything going on I ended up buying one. We dyed Easter eggs the night before, Wesley just wanted to throw them on the floor. The kids were so excited for the Easter bunny to come that they woke up at 5 in the morning to see what he had left. The kids were pleasantly surprised at all the goodies that had been left. Then Chandler unwrapped his birthday presents and we had a great breakfast. Luckily our church is at 1...so that gave the kids plenty of time to play with new toys.

After church Ryan,Anne, and their kiddos came for another Easter egg hunt and a delicious meal. We sang happy birthday to Chandler and played some games. The Monday after we ended up going to park for the last day of spring break. We had fun filled April.

No comments: